Digital Dealer Compliance
A Promise Made Should Always Be Kept
My office here at home faces the street and across the road I see two men building a home that is every bit 5000 square feet. Everyday no matter what the weather may be, the men brave the cold and the rain to accomplish the task of building the home. Yesterday I walked over to speak to the men to ask them why they braved the elements day in and day out to finish the home. They both just laughed and said that they had made a promise to the owners that they would be in the home by Christmas and once they give their word and make a promise there was nothing not the cold, not the rain, nor the snow that could keep them from breaking it.
I thought to myself, “What a powerful message these men have to teach us all.” The power of a promise kept is not only thought provoking but simply powerful in itself. What an unbelievably simple yet powerful message that these two men can teach us all when it comes down to running our business. No matter what business we run, a small mom and pop store or a multi-million dollar dealer group, couldn’t we all learn or build upon the powerful message of a promise kept?
If you own a dealership or manage a dealership have you ever sat back and simply observed to see if the promises that you are making to your customers are being kept? If you are not keeping your promises, maybe its time to figure out why, because promises matter to your customers. If your dealership or business does not deliver on the promise that you made, your business will not matter to them anymore. This reigns true no matter what your business may be and more importantly, with our social media crazed life that we now lead, lashing out online about the broken promises that your business made will have instant ramifications to the credibility of your dealership or business.
There is no time like the present to take the necessary steps to make sure that your business is keeping their promises, because if you do not the consequences can be so severe that no reputation management company can help with. So if there is one lesson I have learned this week its how powerful your promise can be to your customer and how keeping your promises can help with every facet of your business.
- Automotive Thought Leader Journal is out! Edition of 25 November 2012 (automotivesocial.me)
- What is Your Dealership’s Strategy for Pricing Vehicles? Video: Automotive Marketing Professionals (automotiveprofessionals.wordpress.com)
- Dealership Vendors “Free Live Chat Software” For Your Website – Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community (automotivesocialcrm.com)
- Your Phones and Your Financial Statement – Automotive Marketing Professionals (automotiveprofessionals.wordpress.com)
- Social Media Reputation: Wielding Your Power Accounts Properly (soshable.com)
- Creating Your Social Marketing Strategy: Defining the Functional Requirements (automotivesocial.wordpress.com)